Friday, February 1, 2013

Student use for D2L

The iPad has been useful in the class I am taking on-line this semester. There is an option at the D2L site when opened from the iPad to make the screen look like your computer desktop - that is more comfortable for me, so that is my viewing choice.

Using the iPad gives me the opportunity to read student discussion posts and instructor information anyplace, but where I am finding the iPad most useful right now is in conjunction with my regular computer. The instuctor for this class assigns students research of artwork, music and video on the web. Then a discussion post is assigned to describe various points of the information you have discovered.

It has been very useful for me to use the iPad for my web research, allowing me to have multiple web searches live at one time, while reserving my laptop for the writing portion only.  This means I do not have to flip between screens, and greatly increases my efficiency. Additionally, the ability to zoom in tightly on specific portions of a piece of artwork has been very useful (provided the image is of high enough quality).  Yes, I am using it as a sort of "second monitor", but the iPad is also allowing me to do my research anywhere and not be tied to my home workspace.


No comments:

Post a Comment